Saturday, February 9, 2013

Do Something You've Always Wanted To Do


As you may have read on the main page, I wrote a novel some time ago.  Recently I've decided to run some final edits on it and put it on Amazon as an e-book.  It should be live there within a month or two.  Also, I have begun work on a sequel to that novel.


You may wonder why I'm writing here about writing there.  The answer is that I write because I enjoy it, and I hope you are all doing something for the very same reason.  I was speaking to a friend today and she told me about someone who is around my age and wants to pursue a degree that would take six years to complete.


He was advised to try something that takes less time.  He was told that he is in his thirties, and he should get his life together - quickly.  I'm not sure I agree.  If he knows what he wants to do with his life and it would only take him six years to get there, that's nothing.  Even if he fails it will have been worth it, because he tried.


What does this have to do with writing you may ask.  Well, it's because by most accounts I've failed as a blogger.  I have blogged for two solid years, yet I have no following.  Most blogs only last a few months, but here I am still chugging along.  Sometimes you have to do something just because you want to do it.  I'm quite confident that I shall fail as a novelist too, but I will still write.  


If the worst that can happen is you will not be successful in something you want to do, that is not actually the worst that can happen.  You could never try.  

1 comment:

  1. Very wise words set to some very random pictures

    ReplyDelete