Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet = Awesome.


You may have read my review of Grand Super Buffet and remember me saying that it was my new favorite Chinese buffet in Rochester. Well, that all changed today.


My dad recommended we check out Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet in Southtowne Plaza, and so today Fancy and I joined the parents for dinner.  The price was decent, coming in at just $12.50/person after our 15% off coupon. (We all ordered water because okapis goddamn love water.)


They boasted crab legs, clams, crawfish, and a bunch of varieties of shrimp for all of you seafood lovers out there. They also seemed to keep it coming out which is important since folks tend to line up after a few minutes.


As the name suggests, they serve several varieties of sushi and even have a man making more behind this counter. Fancy says, "It was fine, it was sushi." Allow me to translate: It was good! (Fancy hates hyperbole, and tends to lean toward deadpan.)


This okapi goddamn loves noodles. And baby corn. And teriyaki sauce. So, of course this okapi goddamn loves hibachi stations. Those noodles up there? Awesome. The chef did a terrific job applying just the right amount of sauce, so it wasn't bland nor too salty. Best part of my meal.


They claim to have 300 options available and it sure seemed possible to me. I enjoyed all of the stuff that I ate, but was sad to see no bbq rib tips. Instead they had full on spare ribs,  but I didn't feel like actual ribs. Also, the Chinese doughnuts had something other than sugar on them. That's as specific as I can get, but I had to add my own sugar still. 


We were all very satisfied and decided to make this our new "go-to" buffet. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the atmosphere was awesome! Honestly, you just have to see it. That alone bumps the rating a quarter star to 4.5 stars. Want Chinese food? Want a lot and a variety and sushi? Go to Hibachi Buffet.

Hibachi Sushi Buffet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment